Thursday, September 01, 2005
My 2004 Plan 4 Improving Washington State
(This is my message # 1. I have also put more than twenty messages on my other blog at
* The following is from my September 2004 campaign flyer, which I used in my race for Governor of Washington State. (In a two way race for the Libertarian primary election nomination, I succeeded in coming in second, being endorsed by about 44 % of the Libertarian voters. The flyer gives a summary of my 2004 September plan of improvements for Washington State:
MICHAEL NELSON, M.S., B.A.
A 2004 September Primary LIBERTARIAN CANDIDATE for GOVERNOR of WASHINGTON STATE
* Starting with the homeless people, make life better. Abolish the criminal minimum wage which destroys low-value jobs and thereby destroys the lives of our less productive people and contributes to their misery and their homelessness. Using free market pricing, create jobs, jobs, and more jobs for people-with-problems who can not find jobs at the job-destroying minimum wage. Make it easier for troubled people to take care of themselves. Remember that most people earn more, not because of the minimum wage, but because their employers find them productive and reliable, and that profit creates jobs, but that losses create unemployment.
* At low pay, government (having only a limited amount of tax payers' money) should be an eager employer of unemployed citizens. Make government employment more flexible.
* To glorify Washington, grow the movie-making industry by making Washington State more business friendly so that businesses that were previously unprofitable, can become profitable.
* Promote the involvement of for-profit companies such as Boeing and also Washingtonians in the coming, amazing colonization of orbital space (the high frontier), which begins not far above us, but very far away from the minds of many people. In building the fantastic future, think of the continuing technological growth which transformed us from the horse-and-buggy age to the beginning of the Boeing space age and the Microsoft Age. Washingtonians should be involved in the continuing technological transformation into the unbelievable future. (I am the 2004 president of the Seattle Chapter of the National Space Society.)
* Increase the quality of life and reduce the stress level. To reduce traffic congestion and the related pollution, abolish building height restrictions which discourage the beautiful and desired Vancouver Canada type high-rise condominiums from being built here. Make parking easier. Make Washington best.
* Improve our democracy. For example, to do away with the spoiler effect of more than two candidates in an election, switch to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice, preferential voting, which will also enable the winner to win with more than 50 percent of the vote. (see www.irvwa.org) Support Instant Runoff Voting.
* Increase the peoples' access to their public property, and defend it from white-collar vandalism. Increase afternoon and evening utilization of public universities and community colleges. Make it easier for people to increase their knowledge. Before building new libraries, increase the open hours of the current libraries. Increase the openness of our government. Make the treatment of mental illness more visible to the public. Lower the cost of medical care. Let people work.
* Most welfare recipients should work for their welfare money.
* Through work, use the time of prisoners more productively.
Nano Superlattice Technology Inc. (OTCBB Symbol: NSLT) is a nanotechnology company engaged in the coating of tools and components with nano structured PVD coatings for high-tech industries.
Nano utilizes Arc Bond Sputtering and Superlattice technology to apply multi-layers of super-hard elemental coatings on an array of precision products to achieve a variety of physical properties. The application of the coating on industrial products is designed to change their physical properties, improving a product's durability, resistance, chemical and physical characteristics as well as performance. Nano's super-hard alloy coating materials were especially developed for printed circuit board drills in response to special market requirements
The cutting of circuit boards causes severe wear on the cutting edge of drills and routers. With the increased miniaturization of personal electronics devices the dimensions of holes and cut aways are currently less than 0.2 mm. Nano coats tools with an ultra thin coating (only a few nanometers in thickness) of nitrides which can have a hardness of up to half that of diamond. This has proven to increase tool life by almost ten times. Nano plans to continue research and development into these techniques due to the vast application range for this type of nanotechnology
We believe that Nano is a company on the move. With today�s steady move towards miniaturization we feel that Nano is a company with the right product at the right time. It is our opinion that an investment in Nano will produce great returns for our readers.
Online Stock trading, in the New York Stock Exchange, and Toronto Stock Exchange, or any other stock market requires many hours of stock research. Always consult a stock broker for stock prices of penny stocks, and always seek proper free stock advice, as well as read a stock chart. This is not encouragement to buy stock, but merely a possible hot stock pick. Get a live stock market quote, before making a stock investment or participating in the stock market game or buying or selling a stock option.