Friday, June 16, 2006
Let's Head Tax the Population Explosion Out of Existence
Friday, June 16, 2006 by Michael Goodspaceguy Nelson
* We can stop the population explosion that is causing so many of the problems on our Spaceship Earth.
* In the early portion of the 1900's the population was somewhere around two billion people. Now in 2006, the population is over six billion people and climbing.
* In areas of our Spaceship Earth, the population explosion seems to have lead to starvation, disease, war, genocide, murder, cannibalism, crime, stress, and misery. We now have over six billion people on our Spaceship Earth, and the population is still increasing ! Our planetary resouces per person are decreasing.
* Instead of the horrible methods (such as starvation, disease, murder, and war) used in the past and present to try to control overpopulation, we should use a much more pleasant solution.
* A pleasanter solution to the population explosion is a head tax on each man, woman, and child on our Spaceship Earth. People want to avoid taxation. If they are going to be taxed (requiring money or labor) on each child instead of receiving welfare for each child, an incentive is suddenly created to have fewer children.
* If people say they won't pay their head taxes because they are unemployed and have nothing, it may be civilized for the governments to give them employment at the governments' beginning wage.
* In addition to slowing and reversing the population explosion, the head tax is a less distorting tax than other taxes. It is a beneficial tax, instead of a harmful tax. It is a better tax even in areas where the population is not increasing.