Friday, June 30, 2006
My Spaceship Earth Improvement Plan :
10219 Ninth Avenue South,
Seattle, WA 98168
Goodspaceguy's Spaceship Earth Improvement Plan :
* Some centuries have greatness in them. In about the last hundred years, we humans developed cars, radios, airplanes, movies, television, and computerization. We moved from the horse and buggy age into the beginnings of the Space Age. Now one of the great achievements that is waiting for us is orbital space colonization of our solar system. Let's build the Fantastic Future by spreading the life of Spaceship Earth out into our Solar System!
* With government help from NASA, let's start the seeds of several, privately owned, small but growing space colonies in orbit around our Earth, our Moon, and around our Planet Mars. I know how. With all the money we have already spent on our space programs, we should already have these growing, orbital space colonies. Unfortunately, much of our space money has been wasted. It is as if our leaders have not been educated in orbital space colonization.
* In addition, we should replace war on our Spaceship Earth with world-wide free trade. It doesn't make sense to bomb world-wide customers and suppliers. World peace and education for our human family should be a big goal.
* Let's use our unemployed people! Our government should back its minimum wage by employing those who apply ( including people with problems.) Because some workers want more leisure, government should lead by creating many flexible employment programs such as the three day and four day work week options.
* Let's establish a head tax to slow the population explosion on our Spaceship Earth. A head tax would be more pleasant than the old, cruel methods of population control such as starvation, disease, and war.