Thursday, August 17, 2006
Michael Goodspaceguy Nelson is a US Senate Candidate
As a long-time advocate of space colonization, I became a candidate from Washington State for the United States Senate, having filed Monday, July 24, 2006. More specifically, I am an advocate of Orbital Space Colonization.
Below I havel put an August 2006 version of my campaign flyer:
Michael Goodspaceguy Nelson
Democratic Candidate for the
United States Senate
10219 Ninth Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98168-1512
August 10, 2006
http://colonizespace.blogspot.com/ (Concerns improving Spaceship Earth)
and http://colonizeorbitalspace.blogspot.com/ (Concerns getting Earthlings into the coming Orbital Space Colonies before the arrival of the next killer asteroid.)
* Some centuries have greatness in them. In about the last hundred years, we Earthlings developed cars, radios, airplanes, movies, television, and computerization. We moved from the Horse and Buggy Age into the start of the Space Age. Some areas of Science Fiction have and are becoming reality. Now a great goal for this new century is Orbital Space Colonization. Let’s build the Fantastic Future! Let’s spread the life of Spaceship Earth out into our Solar System! I know many of the methods. Let’s continue the greatness of the Twentieth Century into our new Twenty-first Century,.
* With help from NASA, let’s start the seeds of several small and growing orbital space colonies in orbit around Earth, around the Moon, and then around Mars. With all the money we have already spent on our space programs, we should already have these growing, orbital space colonies. Unfortunately, much of our space money has been wasted. It is as if our leaders have not been educated in orbital space colonization. The waste and destruction of tax payers’ space property shows a lack of understanding of space colonization.
* Our Spaceship Earth is becoming too, too small for war! Therefore, we should replace war on our Spaceship Earth with world-wide free trade. It doesn’t make sense to bomb world-wide customers and suppliers. Instead of sending soldiers, let's knit our Spaceship Earth together by buying imports and paying for them with our exports.
* Let’s reduce crime and raise the living standard on Spaceship Earth by obtaining employment for everyone who is willing to work. Idleness creates crime and mental illness, but work produces the goods and services that raise our living standard.
Let’s use our unemployed people! Unemployment is a huge waste! Our government should back its minimum wage by employing those who (including people with problems) apply for the minimum wage programs.
* Because some workers want more leisure, government should lead by creating many flexible employment programs, such as the three day and four day work week options.
* We have been suffering from a world population explosion (the cause of many of our problems.) Let’s establish head taxes to stop the population explosion on our Spaceship Earth. Head taxes would be much more pleasant than the old, cruel methods of population control, such as starvation, disease, murder, and war. Spaceship Earth now has to support more than three people for every one person she supported a hundred years ago, and the population on Spaceship Earth continues to grow and grow, and the world-wide illegal immigration increases. Head taxes and education are some good solutions.
We work like a horse.
We eat like a pig.
We like to play chicken.
You can get someone's goat.
We can be as slippery as a snake.
We get dog tired.
We can be as quiet as a mouse.
We can be as quick as a cat.
Some of us are as strong as an ox.
People try to buffalo others.
Some are as ugly as a toad.
We can be as gentle as a lamb.
Sometimes we are as happy as a lark.
Some of us drink like a fish.
We can be as proud as a peacock.
A few of us are as hairy as a gorilla.
You can get a frog in your throat.
We can be a lone wolf.
But I'm having a whale of a time!
You have a riveting web log
and undoubtedly must have
atypical & quiescent potential
for your intended readership.
May I suggest that you do
everything in your power to
honor your encyclopedic/omniscient
Designer/Architect as well
as your revering audience.
As soon as we acknowledge
this Supreme Designer/Architect,
Who has erected the beauteous
fabric of the universe, our minds
must necessarily be ravished with
wonder at this infinate goodness,
wisdom and power.
Please remember to never
restrict anyone's opportunities
for ascertaining uninterrupted
existence for their quintessence.
There is a time for everything,
a season for every activity
under heaven. A time to be
born and a time to die. A
time to plant and a time to
harvest. A time to kill and
a time to heal. A time to
tear down and a time to
rebuild. A time to cry and
a time to laugh. A time to
grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones
and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a
time to turn away. A time to
search and a time to lose.
A time to keep and a time to
throw away. A time to tear
and a time to mend. A time
to be quiet and a time to
speak up. A time to love
and a time to hate. A time
for war and a time for peace.
Best wishes for continued ascendancy,
P.S. One thing of which I am sure is
that the common culture of my youth
is gone for good. It was hollowed out
by the rise of ethnic "identity politics,"
then splintered beyond hope of repair
by the emergence of the web-based
technologies that so maximized and
facilitated cultural choice as to make
the broad-based offerings of the old
mass media look bland and unchallenging
Take a look at my site:
If you like the site you can link to it by clicking “Blog this”