Monday, November 06, 2006
Closed Libraries Defend Ignorance
by Goodspaceguy This is my message # 24. I have also put more than 20 messages on my other blog at
* Closed libraries support ignorance and promote ignorance and incourage ingorance and defend ignorance.
*The first spending priority for public libraries should be to get those library doors unlocked. Open the libraries! Let the owners (the people) in!
* Whenever a library is closed and therefore not accessible to its owners (the people,) the closed library is similar to not having a library.
* Spend the library money first on opening the libraries, instead of spending the money on decorating the libraries, that will often be closed.
* Spend the library money first on opening the libraries, instead of spending the money on prestigious frills.
* Spend the library money first on opening the libraries, instead of hiring highly paid staff at above market rates which then requires closing the libraries because there is not enough money for both highly paid staff at above market rates and open libraries.
* The libraries are owned by the people. Open the libraries so that the people have convenient access to their shared property.
May We Grow In Knowledge. Goodspaceguy